PumbaWorld

Chit Chat. Some interesting Experience I've had...

Monday, November 13, 2006

THIS DEVELOPER WANTS BE A ROCK STAR

So you are a techie and want to play some strings.

I’m a rock fan.
And if you listen closely to the kind of rock I enjoy, you’ll notice I’m a contemporary Metal Guy.
My Favorite group is STAIND www.staind.com and http://www.myspace.com/staind .

If you watch their videos closely you’ll discover something about rock music generally.

1. Simple
2. Passionate
3. Moves the crowd
4. Moves you the listener.
5. It comes with a lot of emotion
6. The whole band plays their part with un-matched passion
7. Inconsistent Tempo
8. Its Loud very loud
9. Makes you want to rock & Roll.
You may need to see these videos to fully grasp what I’m talking about.

I read a book recently titled: Re-imagine! Written by tompeters that made reference to me being a Rock Star. Well not exactly me, but Innovators and Movers of the System. It was a phrase that went “When I see you, I see Rock Stars of the Information Age”.

I’m a web designer/developer and I love what I do like a rock star loves his guitar. I have written a few applications that have affected a few people and companies positively.
And what this means is that in my world of web development I’m making music. With every application I produce I try to make you rock and Roll.

You probably haven’t heard much about me because I’ve not made a hit track yet.
But don’t worry, very soon. I will release a track or an album that will rock your world.

However given the above, I will like to list here some other rock stars that have rocked the Info Age.

My favorite is Google. Every Developer in Google is a rock start after my heart. They make me wanna Rrrrrrrrock & rollll. Watch out cause when you think they are gonna zag they zig again.

www.google.com
www.microsoft.com
www.Youtube.com
www.flegz.com (now this is actually one of my rock singles inspired by Google)
www.cowblock.net
www.nairahost.com
www.seunosewa.com this guy rock thousands through www.nairaland.com

So guys keep rocking keep making the music.
May be if you play with the passion of a real Rockstar, you just might rock some people.
After all what’s life without the music.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said…

    If some young American men could launch Google in 1998 and today Google is a mega online search engine success story and some two young men also made YouTube a billion dollar business in less than two years, why can't our so called Nigerian whiz kids in IT do the same?

    Why not launch Noogle or Noggle the Nigerian search engine?

    Well, my new word "Googleboom" has made it into the urban dictionary.

    Well done anyway.

    God bless.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Seun Osewa said…

    Oga Prosper,
    Thanks a million for your Nairaland mention. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home