PumbaWorld

Chit Chat. Some interesting Experience I've had...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

FreeDoom of Speech in Singapore

Well Well Well,
It's no news anymore that Singapore is no go area for those freedom thirsty yuppies like myself. I mean just check it out two singaporians were just flogged on the bum(SGD10,000) each to bail them for what the authorities say are "Racist remarks". I used to dread those Asian countries. I knew there was something fishy about them.
I was planning a traineeship to Malaysia(Qualalumpur) to be specific, and just as I got asking around what the laws are and what really entails in these places. I got some horrible tip that these guys are the only Nation in the world that behead Nigerians without prior information to the embassy. I threw it aside amidst other sweet info I got about the country. Especially it's beautiful night clubs and hangouts. And just as I was thinking of taking a short trip to Singapore when I get there. Here come this news of "Whatch what you say here" cases.

I do think there is a lot more bondage in these places than the rest of the world actually knows.
Forget all those "beautiful adverts of beachside resorts and plush lawns in Asia" I think these tropics are not really the heaven CNN and others say they are period.

As for my traveling there, It's on hold till I clear my academic issues here and actually have the time to risk my neck.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger jof_views said…

    Do they just behead Nigerians just like that. I think they will only do that when u go against their law.

    You must always try to clarify and elaborate on your claims.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger pumba said…

    yea I think it's true that they do not often honor the diplomatic Immunity.
    Especially when they are drug related crimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home